Monday, November 26, 2012

When Things Get Rough

Lately, things at home haven't been the easiest to handle. Even with the holiday I just haven't been feeling like myself lately. I seem to not be happy with my home life and my relationships with friends and loved ones and even myself. I feel like I am loosing my grasp on everything. For example I have been working hard to be mentally prepared to work off a few pounds, but I feel incredibly HUGE lately and I hate everything I wear, because it feels like I am squeezing into it. I also haven't been able to control my mouth, I will freak out and yell at even the slightest upset. I am stressed out from being a poor college student all the time, and I feel like there isn't many of my friends who can relate to me right now. Maybe its just the seasons changing and lack of sunlight that is driving bonkers or maybe I really am hitting a slump. Comment below and let me know how you handle stress and upsets in life. Maybe we can help each other! :)

2 comments:

  1. I always try to talk to someone that can relate to me, or even just talk to my mom. I always come out of it, sometimes it takes a couple days, weeks, or even months. But, no matter what just remember to keep your head held high! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! I totally feel you... I recently started a new job (Which was a TOTALLY unpredicted event) and now I have not had time to do ANYTHING school-wise between the new job hours, my kids, family drama etc. Had I known I was going to be given the opportunity at my new job I would have waited a semester to start classes and now I'm TOTALLY behind in all my classes and trying to make it through without failing.

    Fortunately for you I have suffered from postpartum depression (which is hereditary in my family) after the birth of both my boys so I have a few hints for you:
    1.ALWAYS do exactly what you just did or what Linda is expressing above and talk to someone. Not only could you get advice but also it lets someone else know that something's going on should things get worse and it's more than just a bad week or something.

    2. Spend sometime for just yourself without making big plans that require your attention or the thoughts from others... take a day where you plan on doing nothing but being happy. I like to get a sitter and go to a relaxing cafe (blue planet cafe is a GREAT CHOICE) and take photos of things that make you happy or just chill and listen to a playlist you love to jam out to. Go on a trip with your fav girlfriend for a day... road trips are the BEST.
    3. Working out: this one may be killing 2 birds with one stone... you'll feel better about your body because you just kicked it's a** in the gym AND working out creates endorphins which...in the words of Elle from Legally Blonde.... "excercise creates endorphins and endorphins make you happy!" I have learned from experience that when they put me on anti depressants once I started working out regularly I was able to go off the meds because the extra endorphins regulated my "happy" hormones better.
    4. If you begin to notice or others point out a big change in your demeanor, things you like to do, or ways your are acting out over a longer time span than a couple of weeks it could never hurt anything to go to your physician and talk to them about it.

    Sorry for the novel but I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete