Monday, October 29, 2012

Portions on Thanksgiving?! Who Knew?!?

I have a huge problem with portion control especially around the holidays. Everything looks, smells and tastes so great that it's hard to know your limits. My down fall for the Fall season is pumpkin pie! I love it so much!! So while looking through new recipes for the holidays I came across a really great idea for helping you control your intake during this delicous holiday season. Since my problem is pumpkin pie I decided to use this as an example, but you can do this with almost any dessert, and if you really want to watch how much you eat, then you can use this as a measurement to eyeball how much you need on your plate. Instead of making a pie where you can easily eat too much depending on the size of your piece, you should make cupcake versions! It is much easier to control how many cupcakes you eat because they all have a standard size and the left over cupcake wrappers is a perfect indication of how many cupcakes you just stuffed down. It also helps because you don't have any carbs from the crust to worry about. Use the link below to find the recipes.

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO true. Anytime I'm hosting an event I tend to opt for cupcakes for reletively the same reasoning. 1.it helps others portion 2.It makes it easier to plan on how much to bring than something like a pie or sheet cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've honestly never thought of this. haha, my biggest problem is portions too, but hey it's Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete